Monday, April 30, 2007

Vista Happy Dance

Today, all my Firefox bookmarks went away. I don't know why, but the good news is that under Vista Firefox apparently has a bug that causes the actual content area of the browser to bounce up and down like an ATV with a broken suspension driving over a sea of boulders and land mines. It's OK though -- I backed up my bookmarks before installing Vista, just in case it deleted everything to make room for itself.

So far today, Windows Explorer has crashed 6 - 8 times. I was trying to copy a file... I finally had to use the command line.

Perhaps "Vista" means "the view out onto things that won't be broken as badly in the next version: Windows Apology."

Maybe things will go in the more abstract direction, like when we went from Windows ME to Windows XPerience, clearly denoting transcendence... Windows Unsatisfying Hallucination.