Thursday, May 10, 2007

4 GB in a plastic tube

For some reason I won a Computer Science award at my college. There are a few points that make this an interesting situation:

  1. I was not, in fact, aware that this award existed
  2. At no time was I aware I was eligible for, let alone being considered for, the award
  3. I do not believe I have earned an award: I consider myself a mediocre programmer for the most part and a positively rotten student
All that set aside, it's a nice little bullet point on my resume near where my degree info is about to go. I also got a little congratulatory gift from the CS department -- a 4 GB flash drive. Admittedly, that's pretty nifty. I wanted to use it for Vista's "ReadyBoost", but it apparently doesn't have the "necessary performance characteristics", which I'm starting to think just means it wasn't made by some company that's in bed with Microsoft, since it won't tell me what the necessary characteristics are.

Even so, I can always use 4 GB of portable space.